CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The start of our Summer

Our summer has started off busy as ever!!

Diesel turned 9 years old on June 3rd!  As you can see in the pic, he was having some panting problems.  We started cutting his thyroid medicine in half and now he seems fine!  Poor thing's heart must have been going 90 miles an hour.
We are working on potty-training.  Ugh.  No fun.  As you can see, he spends a lot of time on his little potty. So much so that he has to eat some of his meals while sitting there. haha.
He likes the big boy undies, but has no problem using them like a diaper.  We're backing off a little right now and are going to have a "Naked Weekend" when we get back from our next beach trip.  Stay tuned for that...I'm sure it will be great fun! ha!

Speaking of the beach, we headed down there the week after school got out.  It was such a great trip, because it was in the middle of the week and it was seriously EMPTY.  The elevators were quick, the beach wasn't crowded, and we had the pool to ourselves for a bit both days we went down.  I didn't even take my good camera, but did snap a few pics with my phone.  Ruston is going through a phase where he likes to pretend he's a puppy.  I gave him a snack and came into the living room to find he had put his plate on the floor and was picking the yogurt up with his mouth!
Daddy helped him apply a super cool Barbarian tattoo.
He loved that thing and you can actually still see it, almost 3 weeks later! Yes, I swear, we bathe our son.  It's just a really high quality tattoo! :)
We stayed down on the beach for most of the day.  Little guy curled up and took his nap down in the ocean breeze!
The condo offers crafts for the kids at different times during the day.  Ruston made this crocodile one day.


On June 9th, my good friend Kat got married!  Danny had to work that night, so Lauri made the road trip with me.  It was a nice getaway!  I slept pretty darn good in that hotel bed. :)
Look how cute they are!  The wedding was so pretty.  Black and white with pops of purple.  The reception was at the hotel, so it was super easy and convenient.  My favorite part? The mashed potatoes! haha.  The scooped mashed potatoes into martini glasses and then you added whatever toppings you wanted, just like a baked potato.  Super fun!
While we were out of town, Danny had to take his Dad to the airport.  Ruston rode along and they went by the helicopter hanger to see the DPS choppers.



But of course, Ruston was drawn to the tractor. :)


Other than those fun happenings, we've just been sleeping late...
...playing outside...

...and getting some work done in the hay field!


Last week our church had Vacation Bible School.  I taught the first grade kiddos and had such a great time.  It was definitely hard work, but something I will for sure do again.  First grade's color was bright pink.. my partner Gena and I are in the middle of the picture.
The church provided supper each night before the VBS activities.  Ruston was all about the watermelon!
He showed off his dancing skills on the stage after the parent's night program.  The little ones didn't perform, but he would have done such a great job!
Our pastor said he would dye his hair if we got 150 kids there for VBS.  While we never actually hit 150 on a single night, the total enrollment throughout the week was 154 kids!  He made good on his word and showed up Friday with some bleached hair! haha


Ruston had been coughing and running fever on and off for a few days, so we took him into the doctor last Wednesday.  She listened to his chest and decided he needed to do some breathing treatments.  She suggested we purchase a nebulizer, because she thought it was something we would definitely be needing in the future.  Ugh.  Poor bubba.  So we've been using the nebulizer and he's starting to sound so much better.

On the way home from the doctor's office, I had a little mishap with my car. :/  I was going through a construction zone, on a bridge, and there was a HUGE rock in my way.  I couldn't swerve because I had cars in front and behind me, a guardrail on my right and a lovely 18wheeler on my left.  So I hit it.  And it did this to my tire.
Awesome.  Hopefully the rest of our summer will be full of the fun events and rid of these kinds of things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment