CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

So much fun, so little time for blogging!

My goodness, we've been busy around here! This year has started out with a really fast pace...hopefully it slows down soon, so we can enjoy it a little more! :)

Ruston went with me a couple weeks ago when I got my hair done.  Jennifer had time to give him a little trim, too. :)  She just shaped it a little and got it off of his ears.  As you can see, he still isn't a fan of hair cuts.  He did better than last time though.
These things might have had something to do with it.... M&M's!! I am most definitely NOT above bribery! haha

We had some cold weather earlier this month. (Although today, it is almost 80 degrees!!)  We've been putting the fireplace to good use.  Ruston likes to look at the fire.  I probably won't use it for a while though.... I forgot to open the damper last time and let it burn for like 3 hours.  Ruston and I didn't notice, but Danny came in and said the house smelled like gas. And now the rock right above the fireplace is all black because the smoke had nowhere to go. Yikes. My bad. :/

We hadn't gotten to see Mom/Grandma in a while. So Ruston and I met her, Stephen, and Audrey @ El Maguey for dinner last Friday.

Then Saturday, we got to go to the PBR Event at the Rodeo! This rodeo clown is Leon Coffee.  I remember him from the rodeos when I was younger.  We were talking to my Grandpa, and he guesses Leon's probably in his 60's! He's still so funny, though, and he can still do the splits!!
Ruston sat in my Dad's lap most of the night.  He couldn't decide if he liked Leon or not.  But boy, did he have his eye on him!
He really had a great time.  He watched the arena the whole night. At one point he was even trying to climb over the rails and down into the dirt. :)
It was just a preliminary event, so not too many of the riders actually stayed on the full 8 seconds.  It was still fun though!
Family pic before leaving.
Ruston giving Benda a nice little slap in the face.
Big Family pic! It was also Adam's birthday that night!  Doesn't he look handsome in a cowboy hat? :)


Everyone in Danny's family has an obsession with ketchup.  Ruston is definitely a Glass, because he LOVES it too!  Last week I taught him how to dip his chicken nuggets in the ketchup.
He did really well! Eventually though, he was just sucking the ketchup off and dipping again, instead of eating the chicken. lol


Last night we went to Catfish Parlour for Dallas' birthday.  They had a jukebox that was sitting right behind our table.  Ruston liked looking at the lights and pushing the buttons.
He transferred his awesome ketchup dipping skills to the gravy last night! :)


I also have to give a shout out to my BFF, Leslie!  She had a big birthday bash last night and I'm so sad I couldn't be there. :(  Hope you had fun, my friend! Miss you tons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment