CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ruston's Room


This week's topic: Children's Rooms

This is what you see from Ruston's doorway.  The walls were this color when we moved in.  We considered painting it a light blue for the "sky," but I'm glad we didn't, because the wall stickers wouldn't look as good.  We took some of the extra wall stickers and put them on the back of the crib.  The furniture came from JCPenney.  When I found the set, I was really excited about it because I loved the color and it was a great price.  But when it was delivered, I realized why it was such a low price.  Each piece had some kind of scratch, dent, or chunk missing from it.  Pretty disappointing.  But we've worked with it. :)  The glider came from Target.com.  The letters for his name were on clearance at Hobby Lobby.

Ruston's closet.  I love all the accessories that match his bedding.  The diaper holder and hamper are a great addition to his room and we use them non-stop.  We ordered all the bedding accessories off Amazon. com, so we could order just the things we wanted.

The changing table and dresser.  The baskets have really worked out great for holding diapers, wipes, lotion, and Desitin.  We haven't done anything to the wall other than adding the one picture.  I'd like to add some pictures of Ruston eventually.  We just haven't found anything that would match great so far.

Before Ruston was able to grab and throw things, his bookshelf was so cute and organized. :)  Since then, it has become more baby friendly.  He grabs and returns books whenever he wants to.

I think his mobile is precious! He would lay under it and watch it for 30-45 minutes when he was younger.  It's not hanging anymore, but I had to show it to you anyway.

I'm so pleased with Ruston's bedding.  Everything that I was initially finding was airplanes along with helicopters, cars, boats, etc.  When I found this, I was so excited, because it's exactly what I wanted.

Love his lamp.  He does too.  He likes to spin the prop.

This frame was a decoration at one of my baby showers.  We put the picture of Ruston getting his hearing checked in it, because it looks like he's wearing headsets. :)

Ruston likes sitting in his little chair, but he won't stay there long!  This pilot bear is a Build-a-Bear that Danny made for me one Christmas when we were dating.  It works perfectly in Ruston's room.

To see more kid's rooms and nurseries, head over HERE!

1 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh my goodness this is SO ADORABLE!!! I love this theme! :-) Ruston is a really neat name.. I've never heard of it before.. I love it!! :-)

Post a Comment