CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Beach Room


This week's topic: Guest Rooms

I absolutely love our guest room.  Danny and I actually slept in here for about a month when we were first sleep training Ruston. 

We got married on the beach and spend a lot of time there, so I really wanted to do a beach theme for the guest bedroom.  It is the only room that we painted when we moved in.

The furniture is from Rooms to Go Kids.  We wanted something off white and it was the best option (and cheaper!).  All of the pictures on the wall are either from Bed, Bath and Beyond, Garden Ridge, or Hobby Lobby.

The lamps are what originally came with our black bedroom furniture, but the match well in here.

The bedding and pillows are from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Other side of the room..

The picture on the left is one of our wedding pictures and the one on the right is an engagement pic.  The big vase filled with shells is part of the decoration from our wedding.

The bed's headboard has a bookshelf built in.  It's perfect for some of the extra frames I have.  The beach decor is all so cute, I have a problem with saying no! :)

I got this little table at Kohl's for $15.  It's got different colored shells on the top.  The picture is from our rehearsal.

More of the insane amount of beach decor....The boxes are from Michael's, the frame is Ruston's first time sitting in the sand, the picture book is all of our wedding pictures, and the sand is from our "unity" ceremony.

These are sitting on top of our TV.  They were our cake toppers.

The guest room is open if you ever want to visit! :)

Head HERE to check out more guest rooms!

2 comments:

Christen said...

I love this room!

Shoshanah said...

I would love to do a beach themed guest room some day! I grew up in California, so I definitely see the beach as being a very comforting and home-y place.

Post a Comment