CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

Dining Room


This week: Dining Rooms

Our dining room is by far the least used room in our house.  Most of the time it ends up being the store all for the junk that we just don't feel like putting away. :)  

The table has some sentimental value to me.  My mom gave it to me several years ago.  It was one of the last things she and my Dad bought together.  It's definitely not something that Danny and I would pick out if we went shopping for a table, but it works.  There is a matching china cabinet, but we just don't have the space for it.

Our dining room is what you see to your right as soon as you walk through our front door.

Even though it's not used often, it has come in handy when we had Mother's Day lunch, Christmas, and our first POKENO night.

Danny and I got this picture from Garden Ridge right after we got married.  Danny loves old planes and I thought it was a cool picture too.

I absolutely LOVE this frame.  One of my friends/co-workers in Mesquite made this for Danny and I as a present.  I'm so clueless it took me forever to realize that the pictures spelled out "Glass."  And then she told me that she actually took the pictures as well! She's so crafty and talented. :)

Our picture wall was definitely the most time consuming project in our house.  I am so pleased with how it turned out and I probably walk over and look at it 20 times a day.  We've got one big picture frame left that we're saving for the family picture Donna took a few weeks ago.  Can't wait until it's completely finished!!  We got all the frames at Hobby Lobby when the were 1/2 off.  It took a while because they didn't always have everything we needed.  So we bought it all in small increments.  Hobby Lobby has fantastic sales that rotate every 3 weeks or so, so we had it all within about 3 months.  The quote is just a sticker applique that looks like you painted it on the wall.  

Head on over to Kelly's Korner to check out some more dining rooms from around the country!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

love the "Glass" pic.

Maryann said...

I love your picture wall!!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I'm a huge fan of wall decals. They really add a personal touch to one's home.
The wall gallery design is very cool.
We have Hobby Lobby in Las Vegas but I've yet to stop by. With these great prices I should be running there.
You have an amazing space.

Post a Comment