CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kitchen Time!


This week's topic: Kitchens

I love the open floor plan my house has when it comes to the kitchen and living room. I took this picture from in front of my couch.  You can see the dining room off to the right.  All of the decorations on top of the cabinets are from either Hobby Lobby or Kirklands.  I'd like to add some greenery up there, but just haven't had the time to do it.  We're also hoping to get a couple of bar stools soon.

This little breakfast area is right off of our kitchen.  We got the table and book case at Garden Ridge when they were having a 50% off sale.  This is where we normally eat because Ruston's highchair is at the table also.  Diesel's kennel is hiding back behind the table.  It's really the only place in the house that it fits! 

There really isn't much shelving in our house for pictures, so I've got a few of them on this book case. I did have more on the bottom shelves, but as Ruston got mobile and interested in picking things up, I had to move them.  He has now inherited the bottom 2 shelves to use as he pleases. :)

View from inside the kitchen.  I'm so used to seeing bottles and bottle parts on the counters, but we are no longer using bottles!  It seems like there is so much more room now.  The wood for our cabinets is called knotty alder and the counter tops are granite.  I didn't show you up close because there are dirty dishes in it, but the double sink is REALLY deep.  I love it.

Gas stove which I really enjoy.  It is a little harder to clean though.

We initially "tried" to keep the front of our fridge clutter free.  We put all the important pictures we had on the side.  But now that Ruston has been "drawing" us pictures, they've started creeping to the front.

View from the breakfast area.  The door on the left goes into the laundry room and then out into the garage.  The door on the right is our pantry.

Check out more kitchens HERE!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Lovin' your luxurious kitchen! Love the stone, granite, and just everything about this one! Just stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

What an amazing kitchen. Our family would love cooking and spending time in this space.

Post a Comment