CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

What we've been up to!

Things have been pretty busy around here lately! Last weekend was jam packed, but I haven't had time to post anything about it.

Last Friday Travis called and asked if we wanted to meet them for dinner. We haven't seen them in forever and we still hadn't met their little girl, Aubrey. Jalisco's was pretty crowded and the mariachis were playing, so it was pretty hectic! As long as the mariachis were playing, Ruston was completely entertained. When they took a break, however, he went into "mess with everything" mode. haha. He grabbed my shaker and dumped my Mexican martini on the floor. Then he yelled. Then he threw his sippy cup on the floor. Then he yelled. Then he pushed the snacks I gave him on the floor. Then he yelled. Noticing a pattern here? As everyone was getting up to leave, Ruston decided he wanted to eat a lemon. Sweet boy decided to share with Travis. :)
Saturday afternoon Ruston and I headed into Austin for lunch. My friend Esperanza was in town from Mesquite. We met her, her husband, and her little brother at Chili's. It was so great to see her and catch up on how things were in her life. I miss her!
Later that afternoon, Ruston's Pawpaw stopped by to see him. They went to Florida for work/vacation and have been there for a week! They've been sending us pictures from their phones the whole time and I'm quite jealous. Maybe I'll post some on here later so you can all be jealous too!
On a completely unrelated note, did ya'll ever see The Blind Side? I just loved that movie and everything the family did for Michael Ore. The channel E is having a special right now showing the real people from the story. I just love stories like this that have fantastic endings. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment