CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Spirit

As I've mentioned before, I LOVE Christmas.  I feel like I have a pretty good amount of Christmas spirit.  But when it comes to showing that spirit through lights, I just don't have the energy. lol.  Danny and I did buy quite a few outside lights this year.  There are 2 strands of icicle lights hanging that reach halfway across our garage.  We never got past those 2 strands. ha! So obviously, we can't turn them on for fear of being mocked by our neighbors. ;)  We have a tree out front that the lights are in, but we never got around to hanging the ornaments I bought for it. Next year...... maybe..... :)

I am amazed at how much time, effort, and money some people put into the Christmas lights on their homes! I wanted to take Ruston to see some lights, but I wanted to make sure they were worth the drive.  I remember once when we were younger, our family rented a limo with the Voelker family.  The limo picked us up in Manor and drove us to 37th street to see the Christmas lights.  Back then, nearly every house was decked out.  But when I started searching online, apparently a lot of those folks have moved off and the new home owners aren't as extravagant with their displays.  So I did some more searching.  I found 2 addresses in Cedar Park that were getting awesome reviews, multiple times.  It took some convincing, but Danny finally agreed to drive all the way out there. I'm so glad we did! 

We stopped first at IHOP for some breakfast for dinner. So yummy!  Then we headed to our first destination.  It was a house on Sharon Drive and you would not believe the amount of lights this guy had in his yard.  It was over 1 million! But oh, it was so beautiful.  There was even a "flowing river" made of lights.  They had their own radio station playing Christmas songs and the trees in their yard would all light up in beat with the music.  It was amazing.  I loved it and didn't want to leave, but it was cold.  So we got into the truck and joined the 10-15 other cars that were just parked and watching. (Pardon the pics - I forgot my camera, so all we had was Danny's iphone! :( )






Ruston was so cute watching the lights, leaning out the window.  He really enjoyed it.

We went a few blocks over in the subdivision to a cul de sac called Chinati Ct.  EVERY house in the cul de sac participated in a "Night Before Christmas" theme.  Each yard had a big "scroll" with part of the story written on it.  It was so neat to see that all of the neighbors participated. What fun! There were also big lights strung across the middle of the street.  Right in the middle was a little seating area.  We didn't get out, but it looked like they had hot chocolate that you could buy and then sit and enjoy looking at the lights.





I am so glad we made the trek out to Cedar Park for the lights.  Yes, it was a bit of a drive, but we really enjoyed it.  Ruston loved the lights.  I can't wait to head back next year....he'll really like it then! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment