CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

I wanna play!!

I've been reading the blog, Kelly's Korner, for a while now.  She has always done some fun "Show us your life" posts that I've participated in once or twice.  Now she's started a "Show us where you live" weekly post.  I love looking at all the different ways people decorate their homes.  So I wanna play too! I'm already behind, so I'm playing catch up.  This living room topic was actually from 2 Fridays ago. Oh, well!


I love the color of our living room.  It was this color when we moved in, so I'm not sure what it's called exactly.  But it's like a sage green.  Our living room is much more kid friendly than it was when we moved in.  I had picture frames and knick knacks on the coffee tables and end tables, but they have now been put away. :)  The bouncer and exersaucer have taken their spots as permanent living room furniture.  haha.

 I'm still struggling with the wall above the TV.  You can't tell in the picture, but it's HUGE, so it needs a pretty large piece of art. I have something I really like, but I've got to find something to add to it, or it's just going to look silly up there.  I'd like to find an entertainment center/stand that I like soon.  We got the one we have now at Bed Bath and Beyond for $30.  It's definitely been worth the money, but we just need something bigger.  The cords need to be taken out of the way so they will quit tempting Ruston to pull them.  And I'd really like something with shelves or something so I can get back some of the picture sharing space.  Someday. :)

 I absolutely love our fireplace.  I think it's beautiful.  It's a gas fireplace, so you just turn a knob and light the lighter stick thingy and it starts up.  Then you just turn the knob again to turn it off!  Super easy and I don't have to worry about catching myself on fire.  The log took some getting used to, but it's grown on me now.  Notice, I still haven't even put candles in the candlesticks.  Silly me. :)  The candlesticks and cross on the right are from Kirklands and the cross on the left is from Mardel.  It has the serenity prayer carved into the middle circle.

 Couch and loveseat with pillows from Kohl's.  When we lived in Mesquite, we had some cute blue pillows, but that color scheme didn't work with the green walls.  Please excuse the massive horse laying in the floor....he wouldn't move! haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment