CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Call me crazy...

and maybe I am. :)

Yesterday we got up bright and early to drive to Lufkin for pictures. Yes, I drug my husband and baby on a 4 hour drive for pictures. :)  But it's Donna!! Originally she was coming here, but her place to stay fell through.  So we planned on flying. (She lives right across from the airport)  But then the person doing the plane's annual inspection has dropped off the face of the earth.  We're not sure where he is in the process, so we couldn't just jump in and fly off. :/  So we had to drive.  We finally broke out Ruston's big boy car seat. About time! He's only a year old! haha
We headed to Nacogdoches first.  I was really excited because I hadn't been there in over 3 years and I really wanted to show Danny where I spent over 4 years of my life.  We also wanted to give Ruston some time to stretch his legs and take a nap before pictures.  So we visited my friend, Kat, at her place.  She won't be able to make it to Ruston's party, so she had his gift waiting for him!
The child has a rather large head (that's the only thing big about him!), so the hat didn't quite cover the whole head. :)
After a snooze and a change of clothes, we headed out.  I didn't get to show them around much, but we did have time to stop by the Stephen F. statue and take a picture.
I am beyond upset about these pictures.  When we first got this camera, I LOVED it, because it took such great pictures.  The last couple of weeks, the quality has really become awful.  This picture makes me so sad because you can't even see our faces.  They are a complete blur.  It almost looks like this is a copyrighted picture we tried to copy from someone.  Sad. :(  Looks like a new camera is in our future again.

Anyway, pictures went great.  Ruston took some in his A&M gear and then we took some family pictures.  We ended with some pictures of him eating a smash cake.  Oh. My. Goodness. Did he make a mess!!  He started out just sticking his finger in and licking it.  He ended by grabbing huge chunks of cake and then sticking his legs in it.  So funny!  I can't wait to see them. :)

We had some more craziness going on today. But this time it was Danny's idea.  He went to the store to pick up some things and came back in a tractor! haha. For Ruston's party we are pulling a hayride with the tractor and Danny wanted to show it to us.  So he drove it home and parked it in our driveway!
Of course we had to climb inside. :)
We then proceeded to drive the tractor around our nice, calm neighborhood.
haha. There were a few neighbors out in their yards and yes, we got some pretty strange looks. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment