CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Joe David's 29th!

Thursday night we went out to celebrate Joe David's 29th birthday. Danny had to work in Rockdale until 7, so I was supposed to pick him up from the store when he got back in town. I was running a little late, so he started walking to meet me. Thought it was funny to see him walking down the road, so I snapped a pic. :)
The original plan was to go down to 4th street to see the band, Suede, play. We've heard them before and they are great. In fact, I've talked about them before here. With all the rain, plans were changed to just have dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We got there late, but still had a great meal. There were SO many people there for J.D.'s birthday! He ought to feel extra special!

They made him ride in the saddle and have everyone yell yeehaw! :)
He and Justin showed off their matching tattoos. haha
And of course, we took pictures in the parking lot. :)
Some of us decided to brave the rain and head out to the concert anyway. I'm so glad we did, because we had a fantastic time. I can't get over how good this band is. They are a cover band, but they play songs from like 4 different decades. And what's really crazy is, they sound exactly like each artist they are covering. I wish I would have taken my camera in, but I figured I'd probably lose it. I took this one with my phone. :)
Melanie got some good pictures though, so I'll add those whenever she emails them to me.
**HERE'S MELANIE'S PICS!!**

I did look on Youtube though, so I could show you guys how great they sound. These are the only 2 I could find. (If you just push play, my blog layout cuts half the video off. But if you'll double click it, it should open up in a new window and you can see the whole thing.)


Pretty darn good, huh? :)

After the show, we were walking back to our cars and passed a fountain. After some coaxing and lots of peer pressure, we convinced Joe David to take a dip! :)
And no surprise here, more pictures in the parking lot. :)
Had a great time hanging out with Danny and our friends and not having to worry about our little stinker. Thanks Dad and Benda for keeping him entertained all night! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment