CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family Vacay

We've spent the last few days back down at the beach! After Danny got off work Thursday night, we headed south...we didn't get to the condo until about 2 in the morning! But we got to wake up to this...
There is still a good bit of seaweed hanging around, but the beach really did look pretty this weekend. When we travel and get in late, we usually just hang out inside the next day. So Friday, we just relaxed on the couch, snacked, and watched this little monkey tear the place apart. :)
We did leave for a little while to go grab lunch in Corpus. My parents come down once a year and this was their weekend. We went in and met them at Hooter's. Ruston entertained everyone by kicking over a glass of water, screaming when I wasn't feeding him fast enough, and making goofy faces.

Amanda and Matt got in Friday evening. Ruston LOVES Amanda. I think he loves her even more now that she got him all hopped up on Dr. Pepper. :)
We spent a good deal of the day Saturday over at Port Royal. Ruston wasn't too into swimming this time, but he did hang out for a little while.
I tried to get a picture of each of the boys as they came down the slide, but I failed each time! haha. This picture of them bragging about their trip down will have to do...
Group pic!

We had planned on going to dinner with everyone that night, but the wait was way too long for the little guy. Can you tell how excited he is that we decided to go to Taco Bell instead?!
Sunday afternoon Dillon, Kathie and Diesel came down. Uncle Dillon had a surprise for Ruston. He bought him his first A&M cap! It's so cute and fit so well. He usually grabs hats and tries to pull them off immediately, but he just left this one alone!
He and Gigi were super excited to see each other and had a lot to catch up on.
Bath time!
Can't forget about my first child! My fur baby Diesel :)
Monday morning started out with some yummy cinnamon rolls.
Such a sweet boy...he's a great sharer. :)
He's still just not sure about the sand. He kept trying to pick his feet up! (Notice, he still hasn't let go of those cinnamon rolls!)
Monday night we went out one last time with my dad and family friends. We went to Pelican's Landing, which I've never been to before. Dad said we could get whatever we wanted, so I had a filet. Oh my gosh, it was good. I'm a weirdo, and not much of a meat eater, but this steak was delicious!

Dad and Ruston love walking around talking and looking at animals. They checked out the birds all weekend at the pool. The restaurant had an aquarium with some cool fish they got to watch during dinner.
Me and Bek
Rebekah and Scott
Stan and Sandra (Stan was being difficult :) )
Stanley and Cindy
Beaver and Skylar
The hubs and I
Ruston (checking out the fan), Benda and Dad

We had another great weekend free of worries and work. I am so grateful that we have a place we are able to visit and use as often as we'd like. As I've said a million times before, I love the beach and I am thankful that I am able to spend so much time there. Can't wait until next time! :)

1 comments:

Amy Burch said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I LOVE his hat. I have kept Tyler's first A&M Hat and Jersey Onsie just for memories.

Post a Comment