CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Celebrate!

We had a weekend full of celebrations! 

I absolutely love SFA and am still so glad that I chose to go to Nacogdoches for college.  I will say though, I have always thought the traditions that A&M has are great.  

Amanda got her Aggie ring on Friday and we were very excited to celebrate with her.  Unfortunately, we didn't make it in time to actually see her get her ring, but we got to hang out afterward.

We met them at the condo in College Station and sat around for a couple of hours.

Ruston tried on the "I got my ring today" sticker. :)

Danny and Amanda, showing off their Aggie bling!

Dallas and Ruston were wearing very similar shirts.  The straws entertained him for a while...until he stabbed the roof of his mouth. Ouch!

Group pic after dinner.  I consider myself very blessed to be a part of this family!

After dinner, we jumped back in the truck and headed North.  Lisa's wedding was this weekend and I thought it would be better for us to wake up in Dallas tomorrow.  We got to the hotel in Royse City right after midnight. Of course, Ruston was ready to play! haha.  He eventually calmed down and we got some good sleep.

The wedding was that night and it was beautiful!  We wore black, strapless dresses.  I love that the dresses are something we can wear again.  Lisa did something very unique, that I'd never seen....she used peacock feathers in her bouquets.  I loved them!

These silly guys got to spend some time together all day.

He was loving turning around in the chairs and stomping his feet.  Such a funny boy.

Beautiful bride!!

The reception was lots of fun! Up above the DJ's head, they put a big video screen.  There was a camera facing the dance floor, so everyone in the back could see what was going on up front.  They also played back the video of the wedding when everyone was eating dinner.  It was so neat!

Mr. and Mrs. Wilson during their first dance....they danced to Wade Bowen, Who I Am.  I LOVE this song! Danny and I actually almost used this as our first dance song, too!!

Jamie and the wedding toast.

My little family!

They had lights up against the walls that Ruston was just obsessed with! He walked over multiple times during the night and played with them.

SFA ladies

Lovely bride and me

Ruston was tuckered out at the wedding.  He fell asleep on Danny's arm about half way through the reception, so we went ahead and drove back to the hotel.  And in true Ruston fashion, he was wide awake and ready to go when we got back.  He was running up and down the hall screaming. ha! Poor hotel guests! :)

Another great weekend in the books.  We're headed back to Aggie Land this coming weekend.  I'm gonna need a vacation from the weekends! haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment