CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

"My Life" Monday


I've seen this on multiple blogs over the past few months, but I've never really gotten around to doing it.

This week's topic: How you met your husband
I actually met Danny at a house party. I know, I know, sounds bad. :) The semester I did my student teaching, I lived with 3 good guy friends in Manor. One of them kept telling me that I needed to meet this guy, Danny, that he went to high school with. There never really was an opportunity to meet him until July 2006. We met at 2 in the morning at Brian's grandma's house. hahaha. Danny had been drinking for a while (I hadn't...I'd just driven 3 1/2 hours back from Mesquite!), so his "pick up line" wasn't very classy. I really didn't think I'd ever talk to him again! But I did. :) I was moving up to Mesquite at the end of the month, so we really only had a few weeks to spend getting to know each other. We got along really well from the start and had so much in common. We couldn't get over how many of the same people we knew and that we'd never met before. We spent so much time in the same places and with the exact same people. My mom's house and the house his parents lived in are actually only about 5 minutes from each other. We would spend hours on the phone at night talking about everything and anything.
This was Danny's first visit to see me up in Mesquite. We were in the parking lot at the movie theatre.
Danny was still living in College Station the first year we dated. We would make trips back and forth to see each other. I liked getting to be both a "grown up" in Mesquite, but then become a college kid again when I drove into College Station. I went to a Halloween party with him one of the first times I visited.
We look so young in this picture! This was one of the many weekends in College Station. These pictures remind me of how carefree and worry free we were just a few short years ago!
The second year we dated, we were both in Mesquite. Danny was doing his flight school in Arlington, but he lived in Mesquite. We got engaged in September 2007.
I absolutely love the beach and Danny's family has a condo there. We took our engagement pictures there in January 2008.
It was freezing! I think we did pretty good keeping straight faces when we were really ready to jump in front of a heater!!
At our rehearsal in August 2008!
Danny and I got married on the Port Aransas beach on August 8, 2008. Most of our closest friends and family were able to make it and it was one of the best weekends of my life.
In September 2009, our family became a party of 3! (4 if you count the furry son we already had!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment