CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!!

We had all kinds of fun for my birthday this year.  And seeing as it was my 29th (and final) birthday, much celebrating was in order. :)

I wanted to go to dinner and a movie on my actual birthday.  But then news of a monster truck show changed those plans.  Ruston has been so into monster trucks the last few months, so we knew we needed to take him.  Sergeant Smash was there giving people rides.  We didn't go near it. haha
We decided to go that Friday because the pit party was included with your ticket.  I took Ruston down there when we first arrived and he was terrified! He was clinging to my neck and pulling my hair and just barely managed to squeeze out this awkward smile. :)
Danny took him back down a little later and he did better.  He at least sat on one of the wheels.  But as soon as Danny backed up to take a picture, he was ready to be held again. 

How cute are his headphones?!  He wore them the whole time and wouldn't even take them off when we were in the bathroom for a diaper change.
They did some tractor pulls and MY GOSH, those things are loud! Our seats were vibrating.  I can definitely do without that whenever we go back again.
Blurry family picture by the nice old man behind us. :)
Some of the trucks and "tricks" were pretty unimpressive.  I think our standards were too high.  The Barbarian did well and won every single event.  Next time, we're going to have to wait until they are in a bigger arena.... they just couldn't do anything other than a wheelie contest.
Ruston was in a really different mood for the whole thing.  He was pretty much expression-less for the entire show.  He would stare, but never had much of a reaction.  We would ask him if he wanted to leave and he'd say no. he wanted to stay.  We finally got a few smiles at the end and we got one good "oooohhh!"  when one of the trucks almost flipped. :)


Saturday afternoon, we got the new carpet installed and Saturday evening, Danny took me to dinner at Posados. I love that place!  We had one right near our apartment in Mesquite and we'd go all the time.  They have the squeezable butter out on your table and I don't know about you, but that's pretty much all I need for a good meal. haha.  After dinner, we went to see the vow.  It was good, but it wasn't great.  The previews had me pretty excited about it, but the ending left me wanting more.  But I did get to look at Channing Tatum for an hour and half...that kinda made up for it. :)
On Sunday, Aaron, Megan, Danny and I went to a marriage event at my Dad's church in Pflugerville.  Feed Your Faith puts on the event, called Love Worth Fighting For.  It's semi-based on the movie Fireproof.  I really enjoyed it and feel like I got a lot out of it.  Kirk Cameron was the speaker and I was pretty impressed with him.  I never expected the crazy kid from Growing Pains to be giving a lesson on marriage. :)
I had an awesome, fun filled birthday weekend.  Happy 29th to me! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment