CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Turkey Day!

We spent the days before Thanksgiving in College Station.  It was a nice little getaway.
That morning, we headed to Caldwell for lunch at Danny's Mimi's house.
It was so bright outside! But we managed to get some family pictures.
After lunch, Danny went back to College Station for work and Ruston & I headed back home.  We went into Austin for Thanksgiving with my mom's family.  Unfortunately, Ruston didn't sleep much during the ride, so he was quite grumpy.  We weren't able to stay long.

Last year I made a Christmas tree to put out at the cemetery.  So many of my Christmas memories include my Grandma and the get togethers she used to have.  I feel like she and Steve need a Christmas tree too.
Ruston and I went and put the tree back out Thanksgiving evening.  He never got to meet either of them, but gah, they would have loved him.  I told him that this is where mommy's grandma was and that mommy loved her very much.  He patted his chest and said, "My Grandma Alice" and blew her a kiss.  Made my heart smile. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment