CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 23, 2011

More Holiday Fun!

Ruston is still enjoying getting to open up a Christmas book each night.  This particular night, he got The Gingerbread Baby.  He really liked this story.  After I read it to him, he grabbed it and read it himself. "Gingerbread flying.  Gingerbread fall down.  The end."  Pretty good reader, huh? ;)

We did a little grinch project at school where my kiddos wrote about how they'd make a grinch grin.  I thought Ruston would enjoy making a grinch too.  I cut all the pieces out for him and put the glue on, then he stuck everything down and drew some "teeth."

Wednesday was Suanna's birthday.  She invited me to join them and some friends to go look at Christmas lights that night.  And we went in style! They rented a stretch excursion for the evening.
As much as I think Ruston would have enjoyed the "big car" and looking at the lights again, it was really nice to have some adult time and catch up with friends. :)
We headed to 37th street first.  I was pretty excited because that's where we went as kids to look at lights too.
Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as awesome as we all remembered.  There were still some cute houses though.
There were also some rather strange houses.  This particular house had sock monkeys EVERYWHERE.  Hanging from the trees, tucked in the bushes, there was even a makeshift "shrine" in the driveway.  Hey, keep Austin weird, right?
Me and the birthday girl!
I thought these little Yoda lights were cute. :)
We snapped some pictures while we waited for the limo to come pick us up from the end of the street. 
The girls were much more cooperative than the boys.
They couldn't even look at the camera. :)
We stopped at Target for a potty break (haha!) and ate our sack lunches in the parking lot.  It was chilly and sprinkling, so we just stayed in the limo. Suanna made all kinds of tasty sandwiches and desserts.  After that, we headed to Cedar Park and I took them by the places we like to go.  Yes, I just went Saturday, but I still enjoyed seeing them again.  I love the Christmas lights.  I could sit and watch the ones that are synched with a radio station all night. :)

Thursday Ruston painted his jars for the gifts he's giving his Grandpas.
I went to dinner at Texas Land and Cattle for Brian's birthday that evening, but I forgot the camera. :/

My mom and sister came over this evening for pizza and to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Ruston worked on his little treats to give all his cousins, aunts, and uncles.  This year we did Nutter Butter Snowmen.  Ruston put on all the buttons.
They turned out pretty cute.  Has anyone else out there had trouble with their Pinterest projects not coming out as perfect as they look when you pin them?? :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment