CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas.....Finally!!

Christmas was a whirlwind this year...we had so many places to be and we were spending a lot of time at the hospital. We really enjoyed getting to share our first Christmas with Ruston. Although he had no clue what was going on, he sure got a lot of love (and presents!).

It took us a while, but we did finally get the house decorated!

Our first gathering of the 2009 Christmas season was with the Voelker family on the 18th. We are so blessed to have such great friends. We talk every year about how uncommon and special our families' relationship is. We love you guys!

Next up was Christmas Eve, which we spent at my Aunt Debbie's house, and then at the hospital. We weren't at Debbie's for long, but Ruston really racked up on the hugs. It was his first time meeting this side of the family!

On Christmas morning, we usually spend the time running around from house to house, trying to get to everyone's house by 8. While it's easier than it sounds, since everyone lives so close together, it is quite the pain. I was looking forward to spending this Christmas morning at home, with our little family, and making some of our own traditions. I will admit though, I definitely missed being at our families' houses. Ruston was more interested in the tissue paper than any of his presents. He's pretty much in love with his piggy now, though. :) And of course, Diesel loved his honking chicken!!

We went over to Danny's parent's house for lunch. I think Ruston had about 83 presents to open up....I'm not kidding. haha.

Last stop of the day was at my dad's house. Things were different this year without my Grandma around. There was definitely something missing. I miss her everyday, but I know she's in a better place.

Things didn't end for us on Christmas day. We had Christmas with the Tumlinson's on the 26th at Grandma Charlotte's house. It was a great break from the normal Christmas dinner...we had mexican food! Can't ever get enough Mexican food. :)

Our last get together for this year was at our house! My mom and sister came over and we went to the grocery store and cooked manicotti. You know, we only had 7 people over, but it took all darn day to cook! I wouldn't have finished without them helping me!

And one final picture....do you think Ruston got spoiled this Christmas?!?!

1 comments:

sdvoelke said...

holy moly man! he did get a lot of gifts! spoiled baby! :)Great pictures!

Post a Comment