CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a looooooong day!

We had quite a long day this past Tuesday! It started out that morning with Ruston's one month appointment. Everything looked good....he is at an even 10 pounds, and 21 3/4 inches long. It was a pretty messy visit....I've been using both newborn and size 1 diapers on him the past couple days....newborn are really too small and size 1 are just a little too big. Well, I've decided after this appointment that it's time for size 1!! After the doctor weighed Ruston, I picked him up and held him. He decided that it was time to fill his diaper...it filled all the way to the top, out the back and all over my shirt and jeans. Let me tell you, I smelled lovely! I cleaned it up the best I could with his wipes and waited for the nurse to come in for his shot. :( He started crying when she put the cold wipe on him! haha What an awful cry after the shot....I am NOT looking forward to next month when he gets 4! He was kicking and squirming after she gave it to him, so she couldn't get the bandaid on well. He ended up getting blood all down the other side of my clothes. I'm going to have to remember to pack myself a change of clothes in the diaper bag too!!

Later that day we went down to visit Mimi at the airport. One of my former students in Mesquite sent me his "Flat Stanley" for vacation. We thought Stanley would enjoy being in an airplane. :)

After we left the airport, we went out to the hay field. Ruston got to ride the tractor with his Daddy for the first time. He slept the whole time, but I'm sure he loved it! Have you heard the song, "Big Green Tractor" by Jason Aldean? That song reminds me of Danny, so it's been my ringtone for him on my phone for quite a while. Now we've realized that when he's crying and really upset, we can play that song and he stops!! It's the weirdest thing! I think he's destined to love big, green tractors. :)

Ruston's day wasn't over yet...as if it hadn't been long enough! We went to visit Auntie Megan and Kenzie that night. Kenzie kept giving him kisses and calling him her "brudder." :) I think that's a hint for you Auntie Megan!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment