CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Ruston turned 6 months old today! Since I'm on Spring Break, I finally tried getting him to sleep in his own bed. It's so hard putting him across the house when he wakes up so much in the middle of the night. So he's still been in the bassinet in our room. He didn't do too bad. I layed (laid?) him down around 8 in his big boy bed. He was up at 8:45. I rocked him again and got him back to sleep and he made it to 3:20!!! Alright! For those of you that don't know about our sleep issues, 3:20 is great. We're trying again tonight. I've already had to go back in there and rock him again once. Maybe we'll make it to 3:20 again tonight!

He was kinda fussy all day, so I didn't do his "photo shoot" in his 6 month sticker...I'll try tomorrow. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, we tried peas for the first time today. They were a go! He really is a great solid food eater. Pretty impressed.
We worked in the kitchen all afternoon and made Daddy a St. Patrick's Day lunch. We took him green beans and some Parmesan Chicken with noodles in pesto sauce. Ruston's specialty is cupcakes, so we made some to take to everyone working at the Rockdale store.
I attempted to take a picture with the pooper in our green shirts, but you can't really see them. I was using the mirror in the bathroom to tell if we were both in the picture or not. Ruston loves the mirror. His friend "Carlos" always looks back at him and smiles. :)
I wanted to make sure we got a picture of him in his "I'm a McCutie" outfit, so we snapped this right before a bomb went off his diaper. :)

1 comments:

Leslie Dominie said...

Ok-, i have to tell you the little gem of advice our dr told us. "TURN THE MONITOR OFF". sounds crazy, right? well, what we did was mute the video monitor and the amount of sleep we have gained has been amazing!! she basically said that unless your house is crazy big, your baby will let you know (without a monitor) when they need you. you will hear it. LOVE YOU!! give that handsome little baby boy a kiss from auntie leslie!

Post a Comment